Exporting skills and the international mobility of employees produced a cultural revolution in the 90's. As corporations were approaching new levels in their international development, they were also learning to trust well-trained and legitimate local managers, leaving behind a unique and old-fashioned national model.
This is how the image of highly-privileged international executives who negotiate well for themselves as well as on behalf of the company came to develop. Each executive represents a specific situation and a dynamic of very particular cases has been the result. International assignments now affects specialists capable of conceiving and implementing managerial and strategic skills to foster the growth and development of their companies in crucial regions of the world.
One thing remains constant: relocating an employee abroad is expensive, its benefits accruing over the long term, and these are difficult to measure.
Intelfi's contribution has been quantitative optimization techniques to determine the cost of work and motivation abroad and qualitative studies that make it possible to measure and improve the satisfaction of international managers.
Quantitative : Intelfi applies techniques that make possible to determine the total cost for international assignments and compare them with the market values and local markets.
Qualitative : Measure the degree of satisfaction of international employees; establish barometers to regularly compare results in the mid-term. All of these are ways to provide support services to fine tune international compensation and benefits policies. It provides a basis for decision makers to promote the company's international strategies. It endows greater meaning to the company's international development actions.
Expectations : these diagnostic tools should lead to an optimization of the candidates for international relocations in order to master costs and increase their levels of satisfaction. The results are related to :
▪ Re-sizing international relocations based on strategic ambitions and the available means.
▪ Modify the compensation structure to better enhance a specific aspect
▪ Offer international executives personalized tax advice
▪ Promote the company's international strategy through its international executives
▪ Auditing of total and specific costs related to international assignments
▪ Evaluation of the level of satisfaction, implementation of barometers
▪ Re-sizing incentive methods and provide assistance to international assignees
▪ Reduce short-term risks : quality and improvement of integration systems
▪ Reduce risks : measure and reduce "loss rate" upon return
▪ Consistency : establish a policy integrating at least 97% of international assignements
▪ Credibility : the international relocation policy is widely known and credible.
Assessed costs, measured satisfaction levels and growth; the company should know the financial and abstract value of its international investment. It reestablishes and reinforces the connection between employees in charge of a company's international growth.
Demonstrate a constant qualitative concern, but at the same time assuming its financial responsibility, adjusting the incentives to each applicable situation related to working abroad, while at the same time favoring policy consistency.
These are the two ways to promote the value of a company's international development.
Intelfi helps you.